Overall UN processes
- UN announced appointment of three countries to the High Level Panel on the post-2015 development agenda. The countries include: Indonesia, Liberia and the UK
Global Governance Meeting
- OHCHR submitted the first draft on the global thematic meeting on Friday pm. We are expected to get back to the them sometime this week
- The UNDP/ILO Global Thematic Meeting on Growth, Structural Change and Employment started today in Tokyo. However, there seems to be little public coverage of the gatherings…
- Germany has expressed keen interest in supporting the Global meeting on governance and is also ready to contribute funding. A draft concept note has been submitted to UNDP. We need to make a decision on dates and location for the meeting.
- DGG Comments to the draft note on involvement in the national consultations are not forthcoming!
- The Administrator is expected to announce the finalist of countries in the next few days. The list is not expected to change from the one we saw before.
- Intense discussions on both the governance and the features of the platform continue to take place. A meeting with UNDG and CSO partners has been scheduled for tomorrow to agree on the way forward
- A UNDG meeting has been scheduled for Thursday morning to discuss the overall global governance of the process which will have a multi-stakeholder basis